Friday, June 1, 2012

Updates and Rosemary Olive Oil Bread

HAPPY FRIDAY WORLD! 
I gotta say all Fridays are blessed events but this one is particularly good for me because it marks the last day I will be flying solo without my boss at work. He has been gone on an amazing adventure out West and I have been acting as his stand-in now for 2 weeks. I'll tell you what I told him... Boss, I'm definitely not after your job. Whew, being in charge is not my cup o tea but thanks be to GOD, I've gotten through it!

We bought the dresser I mentioned in this post. It was originally marked at $65 and we got it for $60. Woohoo! Not the most impressive negotiating, but it's a start. After getting it into our house we think we probably overpaid but it was our first big thrift item so maybe we made up for it in education. I think we will make much better deals in the future.  We are planning to overhaul it this weekend and I'll hopefully post all about it next week. Here is a pic now that it is an official member of our home!




Now for a couple of miscellaneous updates:

1. Our official moving date is July 28th. T-58 days until we become true Cajuns (but not LSU fans).   I couldn't be more ready! 

2. I added a new little feature to the blog that you can use to drop me a line. It's fittingly called "Contact Me." It's at the top, under the big title and again on the right toward the bottom. I would love to hear from you so please say hello!

3. Last but most importantly, I baked a ridiculously easy and delicious bread and it must be shared. I found it on Pinterest but it is originally from Real Simple.

{This is a sweet and savory bread. It has a dense/cakey consistency. We had it with spaghetti for dinner and again for breakfast the next morning... bon appetit!}

Rosemary and Olive Oil Bread
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (I didn't use any nuts)
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • grated zest of 1 lemon (1 tablespoon)
  • eggs, lightly beaten
  • 3/4 cup sweet white wine or apple juice
  • 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil


  1. Heat oven to 350° F. Lightly coat loaf pan with vegetable cooking spray.
  2. In a bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, walnuts, baking powder, rosemary, salt, and lemon zest.
  3. In another bowl, blend the eggs, wine, and olive oil; stir into the dry ingredients.
  4. Transfer the batter into pan and smooth surface. Bake 55 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.






































No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...