Monday, December 17, 2012

Hate Cannot Drive Out Hate

I, like most of the nation, am overwhelmed with sorrow for the events that took place in Connecticut last Friday. I think being a soon-to-be parent has made it even more overwhelming for me personally. 

I have read a few things lately that have helped me gather a little perspective on how to interpret such an unimaginable tragedy. 

I can't begin to fathom walking in the shoes of those who were affected most personally by Friday's loss but I will continue to pray for them, for their community, and for the bright future that still awaits them. 

This quote by Martin Luther King Jr. and this scripture from Romans seem to echo one another. I am bearing them in mind as I search for the best way to respond. 

Thank you to Molly and Jeanett for sharing them. I hope they will bless you as they have blessed me. 

Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”-Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

11x14 Romans 12 Mounted Subway Scripture Art.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...