Thursday, February 7, 2013

28 Week Pregnancy Update


My friends Stasia and Ryan have been doing these fun little pregnancy updates on their blogs and I have always thought I might like to do it but consistency has never been my strong suit. 

Today I decided there is no harm in throwing one in there even if it’s kinda late to start and I might not do another one. Who’s with me?

Also, the past three week’s pregnancy photos have looked ridiculous and I decided to just leave them out for fear they might land on Awkward Family Photos. Or this blog post. (Please click over to it, it is hilarious.)

So here is a little personal information that you might or might not find interesting to supplement.

Oh and here is a little comparison pic from 24-28 weeks. I thought it would be a good one since I have on the exact same outfit. Just to deal with the elephant in the room, I realize that the “bumps” in the rear and on either side of my mouth are the ones growing most rapidly. It’s ok, I accept myself as I am.



How far along? 28.5 Weeks 

Total weight gain? You wish…

Baby Related Purchases? We haven’t really bought anything ourselves yet, but we might be purchasing supplies for some furniture redo’s for the nursery soon. Does that count?

Movement? A whole flipping lot of movement and I love it. And it is strange. I told Andrew that it feels like when your eye gets a twitch and you can’t control it or you have a muscle spasm, except it’s your whole insides.

What I miss about not being pregnant? Getting excited for spring/summer clothes. Wearing normal clothes. Exercising hard. Not gaining weight. Being able to suck in.

Cravings? Cupcakes. Nipped that one yesterday.

Anything making you queasy or sick? I have been feeling sick in the morning again and I really don’t know why. I usually feel sick if I get too hungry.

Gender? BOY! Goodnight you moonlight ladies… rockabye Sweet Baby JAMES! (Name that tune and I’ll giveaway one free shout out.)

Labor? No, thank goodness. But I get some painful tightness in my tummy when I exercise which might be Braxton Hicks? Maybe?  Maybe not?

Symptoms? Other than occasional crazies I still feel pretty a’ight. I have random days of extreme fatigue that come out of nowhere but they are pretty manageable.

Worries? I worried a little about our 28 week appointment since I measured so big last time. I am still a little worried about the results of my glucose test. I hope those Krispy Kremes didn’t do me in.

Best moments of the week? The baby shower, duh. Also, having a great appointment and finding out that I am measuring right on track now.

Looking forward to? Really getting the nursery together. Mardi Gras parades. The New Orleans baby shower later this month.

Size of baby? By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels. 



What’s the baby is up to? He can blink his eyes, which now sport lashes. With his eyesight developing, he may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. He's also developing billions of neurons in his brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.



Disclaimer: I know I keep things kind of light on the blog but in all seriousness, I am so so thankful for almost 29 weeks of healthy pregnancy. I recently came across a forum for women who were due in April like me but are not going to be united with their sweet babies until Heaven one day. It was so humbling and I am so grateful. If you will, please join me in praying for these women. There is a Healer who intimately understands the pain of losing a child. Let's be fountains of His grace. 




Loved and Lovely


1 comment:

  1. LOVE your pregnancy update! i'm trying to do these weekly, too! and so weird - i had the biggest craving for cupcakes yesterday, too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...