Wednesday, March 20, 2013

No More Google Reader

If you peruse blogs you might have heard that come July, Google will no longer provide the Google Reader service. 

I didn't even know what Google Reader or any RSS reader was until about a year ago. When I realized that I could "follow" other blogs and they could all be compiled in my "reader" it was like a whole new world opened up to me.

Suddenly I didn't have to bookmark my favorite blogs in my browser or try to remember which ones I liked to read and search for them. They were all seamlessly compiled in my Google Reader where I could scroll through one by one. Google Reader told me which blogs had new posts so I could easily browse through the newest content on all my favorites. 

Going through my reader pretty much became my favorite way to procrastinate at work everyday. 

Kidding.

I was pretty disappointed to find out that there will no longer be Google Reader in July and I am still holding on to hope that they may change their minds, but in the meantime...

There are a couple alternative readers that I am trying to figure out in case Google doesn't read my blog and comply with my wishes. 

They are Bloglovin and Feedly. Here are some screen shots because this post would be boring without some pictures. 



If you have Google Reader, or are like I was not long ago and don't have any way to compile your favorite blogs, I would encourage you to try these.  

Just sign up, search for, and add all your favorite blogs (kind of like following friends on Twitter or Facebook). You can even import your Google Reader blogs into both of these services.

And if Yellow Brick Life happens to be one of the blogs you like, you can click on the tab at the top on my page that says "Bloglovin" or the one on the sidebar to follow there! 

I hope that didn't sound too in your face. I want you to like me but I would never try to tell you what to do. 

Anywho, happy reading! I'd better get back to work now...

1 comment:

  1. I'm already bloglovin you! :)

    Natalie
    Oystersandpearls.net

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...